Hello, everyone! 👋
Today, we’re going to explore a fantastic home remedy for a DIY Keratin treatment that will leave your hair soft, shiny, and fizz-free. This remedy is perfect for those who want to avoid chemicals and prefer a natural approach to hair care.
The Ingredients 🌿
The main ingredient for this DIY Keratin treatment is Ladyfinger, also known as Okra. This vegetable is rich in phyto keratins and Vitamin A, both of which are beneficial for hair health.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 Ladyfingers (Okra)
- 1 tablespoon of Rice Flour or Cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons of Oil (Coconut, Jojoba, Almond, or Olive Oil)
The Procedure 📝
- Prepare the Ladyfinger: Wash and chop the Ladyfinger into small pieces. Boil these pieces in a glass of water for about 10 minutes. After boiling, let it cool down.
- Blend and Strain: Blend the boiled Ladyfinger and strain it using a cloth. This will give you a slimy mixture.
- Prepare the Rice Flour Mixture: In another bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of Rice Flour with a quarter cup of water.
- Combine the Mixtures: Start heating the Ladyfinger mixture on low heat. As it heats, add the Rice Flour mixture and keep stirring until both mixtures are well combined.
- Filter Again: Filter the mixture again to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Add the Oil: Depending on the condition of your hair, add 1-2 tablespoons of your chosen oil. If you have oily hair, use less oil. If your hair is dry or has split ends, use more oil.
Application and Results 💁♀️
To apply this DIY Keratin treatment, divide your hair into sections and apply the mixture from the roots to the tips. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 1.5 to 2 hours. After this, rinse your hair with water and let it dry naturally.
This treatment can be used 1-2 times a week. It’s important to note that while this treatment can help with dry, fizzy, and dull hair, it’s not a permanent fix. Hair health comes from the inside out, so maintaining a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle is crucial for hair growth and preventing hair fall.
For more health and beauty tips from Dr. Vivek Joshi, make sure to subscribe to his YouTube channel.