Aam Aadmi, Khas Pasand!
Aam pana is an Indian drink renowned for its heat-resistant properties. It is made from raw mangoes and is consumed as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat.
My way of beating summer heat is by preparing nutritious coolers, dishes made from seasonal fruits such as mangoes, watermelons, grapes et al. These fruits help us in remaining hydrated, make our bodies cooler and even immune us from the scorching heat.
This Jar comes with around 30 servings – making in Rs.12-15 per serving of the drink
Aam panna is one such refreshing drink which my mom used to make every day in the months of summer and it was the first thing which was served when anyone entered the house, battling the sun and heat.
Benefits of aam panna :
- It has lots of heat resistant properties and is best to drink during intense heat.
- It also helps in bringing back the lost salts due to sweating.
- It is rich in iron and vitamin C and best to consume if anemic.
- It is so healing for the stomach and it keeps our tummy cool if consumed during scorching heat.
- It works best for indigestion and gastrointestinal disorders.
- It prevents diarrhea which is quite common in summers due to the intense heat.
Raw Ratnagiri Mangoes, Rock Sugar pounded, Roasted cumin seeds, Black Salt, Black pepper, Red Chilli, Mint leaves.
Use One teaspoon (6gms) in 180ml chilled water, stir well and top it with ice. Can be garnished with a spring of fresh mint.
Nutritional Values per Approx 100gm
Energy(K cal) -139
Protein(g) – 1.2mg
Carbohydrates(g) – 31.75
Fat – 0.0
Saturated Fat – 0.0
Trans Fatty Acids(g) – 0.2