Made from the finest ingredients, and packed at home, this masala comes straight from Ammiji’s kitchen. Once you start adding it to your tea, you can’t have your tea without it. Yes, it’s that addictive. Her grandchildren recommend adding it to kheer, pancakes, ice creams, custard, cakes and even nimbu paani! Well, they’d know. They’ve had years to experiment with it!
70 years ago, a young girl in Amritsar got married to a stranger, and came to live in a house that was slightly hostile and mostly unknown. She sought comfort in chai – don’t we all? – but the chai in that household was as unfamiliar to her as her new husband. She worked on a recipe that would provide what she was looking for. She added masalas to her tea and discarded endless cups, not satisfied with the flavor. And then she hit upon that perfect blend of spices – an aroma that reminded her of her home near the spice bazaar and a flavor that was nostalgic and yet, hopeful.
Her grandchildren now call her Ammiji, and her Chai Masala is the stuff that childhood tales are made of. It’s redolent of nostalgia, and made with a lot of care and a large helping of love.
Note : This is a Homemade blend processed and packaged by Family whose recipe it is 🙂
Ammiji’s bag of magic holds more chai masala options. To try them all, grab our Ammiji’s Chai Masala Sampler Box.
- Since all our products are handcrafted in small batches, 7-14 days is standard processing time.
- Your order might get delayed depending on the location you are in. Though we work with multiple courier partners however there always are slow delivery zones.
- Since we ship food items, sometimes we have to opt for slower shipping methods.
- Your order is 100% secure. Either the item gets delivered to you or you get a refund – including all the taxes and shipping charges.
- Some products have a special Delivery date – like a pickle which goes out in batches or some special edition food item – do check the product page for more details on that.
- Last but not least – we are slow people in business of #SlowFood. Kindly be slow and kind to us 🙂