These red kidney beans or Rajma as they are better know are grown by farmers using Himalayan stream water away from the vehicular and industrial pollution.
As per wikipedia :
Rājmā or Rāzmā is a popular vegetarian dish, originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices and usually served with rice. Although the kidney bean is not of South Asian origin, it is a part of regular diet in Northern India and Nepal. The dish developed after the red kidney bean was brought to the Indian subcontinent from Mexico. A 100 gram serving of boiled Rajma beans contain about 140 calories, 5.7 grams of protein, 5.9 grams of fat and 18 grams of carbohydrate. Rajma chawal, i.e. Rajma served with boiled rice, is a popular dish throughout northern India and Nepal.
Some of the best Rajma is said to be grown in the Nepal hills, north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh and the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir. Rajma chawal served with chutney of Anardana is the famous dish of Peerah, a town in Ramban district of Jammu. Going further, the Rajma of Chinta Valley in Doda district, a short distance from the town of Bhaderwah of Jammu province are said to be amongst the most popular. These are smaller in size than most Rajma grown in plains and have a slightly sweetish taste.
The combination of Rajma and rice generally lists as a top favorite of North Indians and Nepalis. Rajma is prepared with onion, garlic and many spices in India, and it is one of the staple foods in Nepal.
Rajma Masala is a very popular dish in the Northern states of India. The Punjabi way of cooking Rajma Masala is to soak it overnight in water, boil it using a pressure cooker and mix bhuna masala made with chopped onions, pureed tomato, ginger, garlic and milieu of fresh spices including cumin, coriander and chilli powder.
- Since all our products are handcrafted in small batches, 7-14 days is standard processing time.
- Your order might get delayed depending on the location you are in. Though we work with multiple courier partners however there always are slow delivery zones.
- Since we ship food items, sometimes we have to opt for slower shipping methods.
- Your order is 100% secure. Either the item gets delivered to you or you get a refund – including all the taxes and shipping charges.
- Some products have a special Delivery date – like a pickle which goes out in batches or some special edition food item – do check the product page for more details on that.
- Last but not least – we are slow people in business of #SlowFood. Kindly be slow and kind to us 🙂
- Message us here on Facebook in case you need any help.