October Update : Due to the age of pickle, it has taken a darker tone than what you see in pictures here. So would say that it was been done really well now, with all its bits and pieces intermingling with each other along with the awesome mustard oil and other herbs.
Jackfruit is in the season and we are now accepting orders for our third lot of Pickled Jackfruit.
We are sourcing organic and unripe jack-fruits which grow on trees in gardens of people living in foothills of Shivalik Ranges of Himalayas. The turmeric, the garlic, the chilly used in this pickle along with other ingredients would also be organic and processed at home.
This has a nice mustard oil flavor to it, as the oil we source is also cold pressed locally produced mustard oil rather than industrial oil.
Talking about nutrition, a quick google search would reveal all the health benefits of eating Jackfruit regularly, and we also intend to make it super delicious. Besides that since its a organic product grown in clean Himalayan air and spring water, the fruit itself has lot of flavor in it.
Chilli Level : We would be keeping the hotness to medium to low for this batch.
Shelf Life : As with all pickles this needs careful handling and needs to be stores in cool and dry place, preferable in a fridge, specially in super hot Indian summers. Also as long as the jackfuit bits stay immersed in pickle oil, they are going to be alright.
How to add Oil : Due to shipping restrictions we try to keep pickle oil levels to the least in the package, therefore we request you to add some oil when you get the package. To the add the oil, bring Kachi Dhani mustard oil to boil, let it cool down to room temperature and then add it to the pickle. For best results let the pickle sit for couple of days for spices and oil to adsorb each other’s flavors.
Excess Oil? Just drain in out, however then finish the pickle fast, as the oil is the thing that preserves the pickle for longer time.
Delivery : We currently have this in stock and are able to ship out withing 2-3 days.
This is a chemical free ‘living’ food, and would continue changing as it grows old. As it is handmade by a family and is dependent on local produce, not two batches would taste the same
- Since all our products are handcrafted in small batches, 7-14 days is standard processing time.
- Your order might get delayed depending on the location you are in. Though we work with multiple courier partners however there always are slow delivery zones.
- Since we ship food items, sometimes we have to opt for slower shipping methods.
- Your order is 100% secure. Either the item gets delivered to you or you get a refund – including all the taxes and shipping charges.
- Some products have a special Delivery date – like a pickle which goes out in batches or some special edition food item – do check the product page for more details on that.
- Last but not least – we are slow people in business of #SlowFood. Kindly be slow and kind to us 🙂